Geoffrey Spear on Mon, 26 Nov 2007 18:29:31 +0100 (CET)

Re: [s-b] [s-d] Proposal: The B Partnership

On Nov 26, 2007 12:16 PM, Jamie Dallaire <bad.leprechaun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 11/26/07, Geoffrey Spear <geoffspear@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The parties to the agreement shall ensure that B Nomic obeys the Rules of
> Agora.
>

> I'm not familiar with Agora's rules, but please explain to me how this does
> not completely subordinate B to Agora.... i.e., if this proposal passes,
> haven't we lost the non-war?

Ok, that wording is a bit ambiguous, but I meant "B Nomic" as the
partnership described in the agreement, not the nomic of the same
name.

I revise the proposal "The B Partnership" to read as follows:

{{
Create a new rule entitled "The B Partnership" with the following text:

{{{
There exists a Game Document known as the Partnership Agreement.  The
Ambassador shall maintain a Public Display of the text of this
Agreement.

All Players are Parties to the Partnership Agreement as long as they
are Players.

The Ambassador can suspend the Partnership Agreement with 2 support if
he reasonably believes that having the Players continue to be parties
to the agreement would be destructive to play.
}}}

Create the Partnership Agreement with the following text:
{{{
This is a binding agreement governed by the Rules of Agora.

The parties to this Agreement shall act jointly as a partnership, in a
manner governed by this agreement. The ability of each party to act as
an individual is not thereby impaired.  The partnership shall be known
by the name B Nomic.

B Nomic may incur obligations, rights, and privileges under the Rules
of Agora.  Such obligations, rights, and privileges shall be borne
collectively by the parties to the agreement and satisfied or
exercised by them according to the Rules of B Nomic.

The parties to the agreement shall ensure that B Nomic obeys the Rules
of Agora in its interactions with Agora.

This agreement is a Game Document of B Nomic and may be amended by a
Passed Proposal in the game of B.

New parties may be admitted to this agreement by becoming Players of B
Nomic.  Players may leave the agreement by ceasing to be Players of B
Nomic.
}}}

}}

Better? I don't believe the rules of B Nomic can be overriden by a
Game Document, even one that's binding on the Players, unless the
rules explicitly give that Document the power to change the gamestate
in other ways.  Still, if we grant the Ambassador the emergency power
to suspend the agreement and make it clear that we're only bound by
Agora's rules insofar as we're acting in Agora, we should be covered.

This whole thing may be moot; there's a proposal in Agora to eliminate
partnerships altogether.

--Wooble