Geoffrey Spear on Mon, 26 Nov 2007 17:43:24 +0100 (CET)

Re: [s-b] Consultation 52

I claim this to be INCONSISTENT.

An External Force can become a Faction within the game while remaining
an External Force.  While this Force would no longer be a Faction if
the game ceased to exist, the Force itself would continue to exist,
albeit with different properties.  One might as well argue that each
human Player isn't an External Force since they'd cease to be a Player
if the game stopped existing.  It's my intuition that my memory of
existing before the Game started is correct, and that I'll continue to
exist long after B perishes in a paper shortage.

--Wooble

On Nov 26, 2007 8:13 AM, 0x4461736864617368 <bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I answer Consultation 52
>
> False, AFO cannot be both a player and a faction.
>
> Reasoning:
>
> Rule 1-3 defines an External Force as "anything which exists independently of the game. That is, it would still exist if the game stopped existing, and would still exist if the game had never started existing.". Although the Agreement defining a Faction could exist outside of the game, A Faction needs to be an Agreement recognized by the game to be a Faction, and the very concept of Faction is something that is recognized, or not, in the game. A Faction needs to be an Agreement recognized by
> the game to be a Faction, and the very concept of Faction is something
> that is recognized, or not, in the game. As such, were, the game cease
> to exist, any Faction would cease to exist, as they are defined within
> the game. Here again, this disqualifies Factions for the status of
> External Force, and, as such, Factions can not be players.
>
> Since Factions cannot be players, and AFO is recognized as a player, AFO
> cannot be a faction.
>
> --
> --
> 0x4461736864617368;