Josiah Worcester on Sun, 25 Nov 2007 01:03:28 +0100 (CET)

Re: [s-b] Agora & B

On Saturday 24 November 2007 16:49:06 Geoffrey Spear wrote:
> I refuse to allow Agora to become a Player, as empowered by Rule 1-4.
>
> It's my opinion that Agora's internal processes require Game Actions
> in B Nomic to be conveyed by the Agoran Ambassador or a deputy
> thereof; in any case no message purporting to carry out such a Game
> Action has reached B's Public Forum.
>
> --Registrar Wooble

Your opinion is horrendously wrong. By rule 2172 in Agora, a player may
perform an action on behalf of Agora with Agoran Consent.

I ask for consultation on the following:
{
Registrar Wooble does not have the power to allow Agora to become a player by
Rule 1-4
}
Unbeliever: Wooble
Arguments: "The Registrar may refuse to allow any External Force to become a
player, and may refuse to recognize any otherwise-legal name change, if e
believes the External Force's proposed name (or existing player's new name)
would be ambiguous or confusing, or could otherwise damage the integrity of
this game."
This does not give the Registrar carte blanche license to refuse a new player:
this only gives the Registrar the power to refuse a name that is ambiguous,
confusing, or damages the integrity of the game. Since Agora is none of
these, the Registrar does not have the power to refuse Agora's status as a
player under this rule.
There is no other rule that gives the Registrar the power to refuse a new
player.