Antonio Dolcetta on Thu, 28 Jun 2007 05:22:02 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] [s-d] Sentient Voters (was Players should be Humane)

[[
* update, due to the difficulty of pinning down the difference between a
human and a corporation, I just use "human being"
* also fixed a leftover "Human Player"
* updated to allow Eugene to vote
]]

I amend my proposal Voters should be Sentient:

Title: Voters should be Sentient
Conflicts with: Turing Test Disambiguation
Conflicts with: Voting Factions
Conflicts with: Let the Factions Vote, Option 1
Conflicts with: Let the Factions Vote, Option 2
[[ with all these conflicting proposals I'll be surprised if anything at
all passes ]]

{

amend rule 1-4 by replacing:
{
An External Force may become a Player by posting a message to a Public
Forum containing a request to become a Player and a uniquely identifying
name that e wishes to be known by. E may do this if and only if e
fulfills the following requirements:

     * E is capable of passing a Turing Test
     * E is not currently a Player
     * E has a working e-mail address
}
with:
{
An External Force may become a Player by posting a message to a Public
Forum containing a request to become a Player and a uniquely identifying
name that e wishes to be known by. E may do this if and only if e
fulfills the following requirements:

     * E is not currently a Player
     * E has a working e-mail address

A Sentient Player is a Player that fulfills at least one of the
following requirements:

     * E is a human being
     * E is a robo-cyborg-werewolf

[[ reader, if you did not find yourself in this list, just let us know
and we will happily amend it ]]
}

amend rule 2-2 by replacing:
{
Any Player may submit a Vote on an Open proposal at any time. The Vote
must be one of the words FOR, AGAINST, or ABSTAIN; other words are ignored.

The most recent Vote on a proposal by a Player is called that player's
Final Vote on that proposal.
}
with :
{
Any Sentient Player may submit a Vote on an Open proposal at any time.
The Vote must be one of the words FOR, AGAINST, or ABSTAIN; other words
are ignored.

Only Sentient Players may vote.

The most recent Vote on a proposal by a Player is called that Player's
Final Vote on that proposal.
}

amend rule 2-5 by replacing:
{
When a Priest submits eir Answer to a Consultation, within three ndays
(or ndelays if the clock is off) since it's submission, any player
except the Defendant and the Supplicant may, as a Game Action, make a
Claim as to the Answer's Consistency with established doctrine. Such
Claims will ultimately state that the player believes the answer to be
Consistent or Inconsistent.
}
with:
{
When a Priest submits eir Answer to a Consultation, within three ndays
(or ndelays if the clock is off) since it's submission, any Sentient
Player who is not the Defendant or the Supplicant in the Consultation