automailer on Fri, 16 Dec 2005 23:01:26 -0600 (CST)

[s-b] [auto] Wonko submits p313

Wonko has submitted a new Motion, p313.

---------------------------------
Motion 313/0: Superpowers, Take 3 (4?)
A Proposal by Wonko
Last modified on nweek 102, nday 8

[[ I don't remember if this is the 3rd or 4th time somebody has proposed Superpowers. But this time, the mechanism for getting and losing them is extremely simple, which fixes the problem that the last few times all had. So maybe this one will pass.

The chart may be tricky to read in the text of the proposal, but you can see it after parsing by the wiki at http://www.bnomic.org/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/Test3 ]]

Create a new rule in section 10 of the Ruleset:
{{
== Superpowers ==

Superpowers are Objects. Whenever a player dies, e loses all Superpowers e holds and gains a randomly selected Superpower that no other player has and that e did not just have, if one exists. If no such powers exist, then e gains a randomly selected Superpower from the ones e just lost [[usually e will have only lost one, so e'll just get it back]].

}}

Create the following Superpowers:
|| Name || Abilities ||
|| Master of Alchemy || 10A: Change any Potion you hold into any other type of Potion with the same Rarity. ||
|| Telepathic Emanations || When you Tackle another player, the resulting Combat is said to be Psychic. In Psychic Combat, all Combat Actions that refer to a player's Strength use eir Acuity instead, and all changes to a player's Hit Points are applied to eir Calm instead. ||
|| Protective Ink || In Combat, you may perform the following as a Combat Action costing 4 AP: "Squirt Ink: Choose a room that you could legally move to if you were not In Combat. You cease to be In Combat and move to that room, and the player you were In Combat with loses 2 AP if e had any." ||
|| Sneakiness || You may perform a Cheat even if you would be seen, as long as at most one other player can see you at any step of the Cheat. ||
|| Stasis Field || 5 AP: Choose any player you can See. That player loses all eir AP. ||
|| Null Field || 5 AP: Choose any player you can See. That player is treated as though e held no Superpowers for the rest of the nweek. ||
|| Master Artificer || When you attempt to forge a Talisman that requires Genechips as part of its Price, only half that many Genechips are required, rounding up. ||
|| Smelter || 1 AP, Destroy a non-unique Talisman you hold: Gain Genechips equal to half the Genechips in that Taliman's Price. ||
|| Aura of Darkness || 3 AP: The Room you are in becomes Dark until the end of the nweek. ||
|| Aura of Light || 2 AP: The Room you are in becomes Light until the end of the nweek. ||
|| Aura of Madness || If another player can see you and nobody else (except of course emself) at the end of a Checking Period, then eir Calm decreases by 2. ||
|| Healing Touch || 2 AP: Target player in the same Room as you but who is not you gains 8 HP, up to eir max Health. 4 AP: Gain 5 HP. ||
|| Pickpocket || 2 AP: Take an Absurdly Common Talisman from any player in the same Room as you. 2 AP: Take a Common Talisman from any player in the same Room as you as long as nobody can see either of you except the two of you. ||
|| Mental Equilibrium || 1 AP: Increase the Calm or Alertness of target player in the same room as you by 1 (you can target yourself). Do this only if the Stat you are increasing is less than 10. ||
|| Berserk Rage || 1 AP, 5 HP: Until the end of the nweek, your Strength and Nimbleness are each increased by 5, but if you would lose HP you lose twice that many HP instead. ||
|| Eye Lasers || 4 AP: Target player you can See loses 5 HP. ||
|| Mutant Healing Factor || At the beginning of each nweek, if your health is less than 20, you gain 8 HP to a maximum of 20. ||
|| Reincarnation || If your health would drop to 0 or below, it instead becomes equal to 15, unless this Ability has already happened since you most recently got this power. ||