automailer on Mon, 29 Aug 2005 23:54:15 -0500 (CDT)

[s-b] [auto] Wonko votes

Wonko's votes:
Motion 214/0: Repeatedly Add More Points               : For
Motion 226/0: Accidental Nomic Word Enabling Explicitly Kaput. : Against
I see no reason why words in comments shouldn't be Nomic Words. You're certainly welcome to replace my name with "Player X" if you like, but in general if you don't want the content of some comment to become a Nomic Word, then don't vote for the prop that creates the comment.

Motion 229/1: When Words Win Wampum, Wield Wealth Without Waiting : For
Motion 230/0: Starting a Super Sight Ed Seminar        : For
Note that my FOR votes on my own props are "legal" inasmuch as they're made whether I want them or not, since I've been lobbied to do so.

Motion 231/0: Clever Cheaters Create Calculated Chaos  : For
Motion 232/0: Bonuses Open New Uses So Everything's Simplified : For
Motion 234/0: Add All Appropriate Antiquated Aliases   : For
Motion 235/0: Grammar Enforcement Minister Subtraction : For
Motion 236/0: [[]]                                     : Against
I'm curious as to how Peter intended (intends?) to profit from this.

Motion 237/0: 20 Superpowers and more to come.         : For
I'm beginning to worry that Room Ordinances, Talismans, Super Powers, Cheats, and Pets will simply be too many things to keep track of. There's great strategic potential in simple games, as any player of Checkers or Kill Doctor Lucky will attest; more complications do not necessarily make the game more interesting.

Motion 238/0: Odds plus Ends: random awesomeness.      : Against
Call me sentimental, but I was quite attached to the four elder gods of B Nomic, though I suppose there are few left who would recognize the four deities as historical references. I also have this thing with discordianism - it irritates me because it seems so needlessly silly.

Motion 239/1: Surely, Titular Amendment Must Please    : For
Motion 240/0: Consolidating Coinage Creates Canny Cache! : For
Although I am FOR this, it also includes a major conceptual flaw. This is not Triller's fault - it's mine for not removing everything adequately. Basically, SP aren't Holdings in any way, shape or form, because you can never have a SP. Instead, it's a unit for measuring the value of a Soul. So you might have 250 SP worth of Souls, but you can't simply have 250 SP. It's just like how you can have 3 gallons of water, but you can't just have 3 gallons.

This isn't a major problem because the Rules don't provide any way for a player to ever gain SP, so it won't break the game; it's just a confusing inconsistency in the rules.

This Message was sent automatically by the Wiki.
 Please do not reply to the sender of this message, as your replies will be ignored. Thank you.