Daniel Lepage on Mon, 16 May 2005 20:44:41 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [s-b] Response to updates. And some action to boot.

On May 16, 2005, at 9.37 PM, eugman@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

* Dueling is now done via Rock-Paper-Scissors(-Lizard-Spock), using
Joel's escrow script

I challange you to a duel, Wonko (the Sane). The wager is 2A you shall receive the challenge escrow tommorow.

I decline. I only play games of chance when I know I'm going to win :D

* Grammar Nazi powers made wider, penalties made harsher

I was under the impression my prop lessened the penalties assuming you make the changes in time. Meh whatever. Either way I'm going to get some major suckage.

As I read it, your prop gives people more time but also potentially gives many more Suck Points per missed error, at least if the GN reacts quickly.

 * The Grammar Nazi can now take anyone who makes a single prop typo
and remove their ability to make props entirely, by posting the list of
errors to the forum repeatedly.

Would this qualify as sometrhing to fix in a tweak?

I don't think so - it'll only work this nweek, as it can't stop us from propping to fix it right now.

"Every time a proposal is created or revised, the Grammar Nazi is required to post a list of all violations of the above grammar rules, if any exist, to a public forum." I thought this meant they send a report once when the proposal is made and once per revision exdplain to me how this is not true.

That's the only time the Nazi is *required* to post the list, but nothing stops em from sending the list in more than once. And then you get penalized each time the list is sent in, instead of once per nweek.

--
Wonko

"This gubblick contains many nonsklarkish English flutzpahs, but the overall pluggandisp can be glorked from context" -David Moser, quoted by Douglas Hofstadter in his "Metamagical Themas" column in the January 1981 "Scientific American"