Daniel Lepage on Thu, 5 Aug 2004 00:34:49 -0500 (CDT)

[s-b] Checkpointly Recognizer

Props:
Legacy Cards -- Looting the Corpse is Proposal1894
Shenanigans is Proposal1895

Zarpint referred to "Python Enterprises" as a proto-prop... is this intended to be a submitted proposal, or not?

Cards:
Zarpint draws Syn.
Rob draws Petty Theft.
TPR draws Your Spoo Has Too Much Fleem.
Araltaln draws Petty Theft.

Other:
Zarpint applies to be an acolyte, but fails to pay the fee. Indeed, e has no BNS. Simply because it is not mentioned in the rules does not mean that you can make INH recognize your action. For example, nothing in the rules mentions the Leader of INH; however, since the Leader is internal to the society, the position isn't technically part of the game, and so you can try to change it all you want without success. Likewise, BNS now exists within INH independently of the game, and cannot be manipulated for INH purposes except as mandated by the INH charter.

Good try, though. I give Zarpint 7 points.

I hereby announce my intention to change the charter of INH to replace '100 BNS' with '100~'. If 2/5 of all acolytes agree, the change shall be made. (the acolytes, btw, are Glotmorf, bd, and The Voice, in case you'd forgotten. All this is on the wiki at /INH .)

It is now nweek 67, nday 4.

--
Wonko

In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time someting like that happened in politics or religion.
      -Carl Sagan, 1987 CSICOP Keynote Address