Bill Adlam on 27 Jan 2004 21:38:14 -0000

[Spoon-business] nweek 56 votes

I vote as follows:

> Proposal 1756/0: Age before Beauty (Wild Card)
Shelve.

> Proposal 1757/2: For the Love of Bob (The Pusher Robot)
No.

> Proposal 1758/0: Repeal of the LOSA (Wild Card)
Yes.

> Proposal 1759/1: The Council Revisited (Wonko)
No.

> Proposal 1760/0: Political Tafl (Teucer)
Shelve.

> Proposal 1761/0: Allowing Actions Again (Wonko)
No.  Unnecessary.  (Or, if Wonko's right, impossible to enact.)

> Proposal 1762/0: Standardized Elections (Wonko)
No.

> Proposal 1764/1: Nevinyrral's Disk (SkArcher)
Shelve.  I like some parts of this, but gender and philosophy are worth
keeping

> Proposal 1765/0: Untitled Prop by SkArcher (SkArcher)
No.

> Proposal 1766/0: Gender Fix (Zarpint)
Yes.  I like the idea of other things having genders.

> Proposal 1767/0: Pseudocoding is not a crime (Zarpint)
Shelve.

While I am fond of pseudocode, p1767 cannot continue as it stands, as
it would break existing rules (for example r126: 'I submit a Call for
Inquiry' would fail to terminate and could do almost anything).  Most
of the terms mentioned are already used in their vernacular senses, and
the whole game could go to pot if we switch their meanings.

At a minimum, existing game terms and common English words should only
be interpreted as pseudocode where explicitly labelled as such.  But it
would be better to use a syntax that is novel, interesting, and defined
in the ruleset.

BTW, proposals aren't actions, they're Game Documents.

> Proposal 1768/1: Rewarding Strangeness (Zarpint)
No.  Well thought-out strangeness ought to be rewarded, but making
things unacceptable for Dave should be its own reward.  Or at least
should be accounted for separately (a Notoriety score, or something.)

> Proposal 1769/0: Attributes are very Stylish (Zarpint)
Yes.  It look pointless to me, but better than most of the proposals.
Plus I'll gain at least one Style when it becomes positive.

> Proposal 1770/0: Once More, With Less Suckage (Baron von Skippy)
No.  But would be good in a subgame, as Glotmorf said.

Sagitta