Glotmorf on 27 Jan 2004 05:50:44 -0000

Re: [Spoon-business] NWEEK 56 BALLOT (Corrected)

> Proposal 1756/0: Age before Beauty (Wild Card)

No.  Ain't no r1282 to amend.

> Proposal 1757/2: For the Love of Bob (The Pusher Robot)

No.  As quoted from the Book of the Subgenius, "Kill Bob, or
kill me."  And I'd rather it not be me.

> Proposal 1758/0: Repeal of the LOSA (Wild Card)

No.  You got a prob. with short, pal?

> Proposal 1759/1: The Council Revisited (Wonko)

No.  No definition in the current rules for Oligarch, Ancient,
etc. (Thanks, Teucer.)

> Proposal 1760/0: Political Tafl (Teucer)

Abstain.  If this gets approved, I'll probably watch for a few
rounds before playing.

> Proposal 1761/0: Allowing Actions Again (Wonko)

No.  Made unnecessary by a recent CFI.

> Proposal 1762/0: Standardized Elections (Wonko)

Shelve.  Not thrilled by the Borda Count for a couple reasons:

1. There should be a tiebreaking method other than random
selection.  Presumably we wouldn't be having an election if we
didn't care about the choice.  Perhaps a second election round
with the reduced Choice Pool...?

2. The way it's worded right now, if I don't list all possible
choices, I haven't officially voted.  If I only care about one
of the possible choices, I don't particularly want to think
about the order of the others.  I therefore think it should be
an option to list some subset of the possible choices.

> Proposal 1764/1: Nevinyrral's Disk (SkArcher)

No.  R255 does something that r257 doesn't: it allows the
originator of the document being corrected to object to the
correction ("No, that's not a typo...I *meant* to say
'fnord'."), resulting in the correction being undone.  Reread
and consider consolidation...?

WRT r295: Okay, this is proof...uin is dead and has possessed
SkArcher.  BTW, no.

WRT r578: To quote from the Unix fortune file, "No, no, a
thousand times no.  Go boil an egg."

WRT r1139: "Because nobody ever has." True, but no one had the
heart to tell Mr. in a Spacesuit that.  As a separate prop,
perhaps?

WRT r1252: "I think we all know this is abused." Yes, but has
it filed a complaint?  Vote is still no.

WRT r1639: "We broke this in record time I think." No, the
breakage record is either for Wonko's Garbage Can scam or my
Glotmorf Rules! scam.  Though I think I win because I
predicted mine ahead of time...

WRT r1637: Actually, this should have been repealed as soon as
it was implemented, by its own authority.

> Proposal 1765/0: Untitled Prop by SkArcher (SkArcher)

There is just too much
I have done by using this
So my vote is no

> Proposal 1766/0: Gender Fix (Zarpint)

No.  By the resulting wording of r295, gender changes could
stack up until the beginning of the following nweek -- first
one gender change would take effect, then another.  This is in
effect permitting a style scam, since there would be nothing
preventing someone from changing gender a thousand times and
racking up 1000 style.  It wouldn't even be more work for the
Admin, since he would only have to look at the last one and
declare that to be the resulting gender change, but
theoretically 999 gender changes would have happened before
that one.

I'd kick someone in the ass for trying it, except your
proposal prevents that too.

Besides...what sort of gender specification requires 127
characters?

> Proposal 1767/0: Pseudocoding is not a crime (Zarpint)

No.  Pseudocode would make things like the abovementioned
style scam to be convenient.  And I still wouldn't be able to
kick you in the ass.

Although I like the idea of the "interestingly appropriate
effect."  Sufficiently vague as to allow most anything.

> Proposal 1768/1: Rewarding Strangeness (Zarpint)

No. Actually, this rewards the making of proposals that, if
enacted, would royally piss Dave off.  If he had a webcam and
we could actually watch him pull his hair and blow steam out
of his ears, that would be one thing, but as it is I fail to
see the point.

> Proposal 1769/0: Attributes are very Stylish (Zarpint)

Shelve.  Last I looked, Wonko had a society that possessed
infinite style.

> Proposal 1770/0: Once More, With Less Suckage (Baron von Skippy)

No.  Maybe put this in a subgame.  But not as part of the main
game.

Damn...didn't I like ANYTHING this nweek?

Guess not.

						Glotmorf
-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a blog study in Social Technology.
http://www.nomic.net/~dwhytock/imt