Baron von Skippy on 31 Jul 2003 02:20:24 -0000

[Spoon-business] Speaking of mayhem...

>Players are defined. From r13 (aptly named "Definitions"):
>"A player is any entity who is capable of passing the Turing test,
>consents to said designation as a player, has become a player in the
>manner described in the rules, and who consents to be governed by the
>rules. "
>
>Which, I think, is the thing bd was talking about that you fail to
>repeal in your new player definition prop.

-I'm not sure how I missed that one. On the other hand, it and Rule 26 have an interesting interaction.

I make a CFI:
{{
Statement: It is not possible for new players to join B Nomic.

Rationale:
Rule 13 states that: "A player is any entity who is capable of passing the Turing test, consents to said designation as a player, has become a player in the manner described in the rules, and who consents to be governed by the rules."

Rule 26 states that: "Any entity otherwise qualified as a Player may become one by posting a message to the public Forum explicitly stating eir wish to become a Player."

What this means is that one cannot become a player until one is "otherwise qualified as a Player," and one is not qualified to be a Player until one "has become a player in the manner described in the rules." Therefore, the only people who can join B Nomic are existing players.

[[It should be noted that the Statute of Limitations has passed on all existing players, so play should be able to continue normally.]]
}}

Oh, and based on the idea that players are the only ones who can join the game, and since in all that definition of "players" it never says that one /person/ cannot be multiple /players,/ and since Rule 18 is, has been, and always will be everyone's best friend:

I consent to be a player and consent to be governed by the rules. I join under the name Angerona.
I consent to be a player and consent to be governed by the rules. I join under the name Aries.
I consent to be a player and consent to be governed by the rules. I join under the name Aurora.
I consent to be a player and consent to be governed by the rules. I join under the name Bellona.
I consent to be a player and consent to be governed by the rules. I join under the name Calliope.
I consent to be a player and consent to be governed by the rules. I join under the name Cardea.
I consent to be a player and consent to be governed by the rules. I join under the name Castor.
I consent to be a player and consent to be governed by the rules. I join under the name Ceres.
I consent to be a player and consent to be governed by the rules. I join under the name Clio.
I consent to be a player and consent to be governed by the rules. I join under the name Consus.
I consent to be a player and consent to be governed by the rules. I join under the name Cupid.
I consent to be a player and consent to be governed by the rules. I join under the name Erato.
I consent to be a player and consent to be governed by the rules. I join under the name Euterpe.
I consent to be a player and consent to be governed by the rules. I join under the name Fauna.
I consent to be a player and consent to be governed by the rules. I join under the name Flora.
I consent to be a player and consent to be governed by the rules. I join under the name Janus.
I consent to be a player and consent to be governed by the rules. I join under the name Jove.
I consent to be a player and consent to be governed by the rules. I join under the name Juno.
I consent to be a player and consent to be governed by the rules. I join under the name Jupiter.
I consent to be a player and consent to be governed by the rules. I join under the name Juturna.
I consent to be a player and consent to be governed by the rules. I join under the name Juventas.
I consent to be a player and consent to be governed by the rules. I join under the name Laverna.
I consent to be a player and consent to be governed by the rules. I join under the name Liber.
I consent to be a player and consent to be governed by the rules. I join under the name Libitina.
I consent to be a player and consent to be governed by the rules. I join under the name Lucina.
I consent to be a player and consent to be governed by the rules. I join under the name Maia.
I consent to be a player and consent to be governed by the rules. I join under the name Mars.
I consent to be a player and consent to be governed by the rules. I join under the name Melpomene.
I consent to be a player and consent to be governed by the rules. I join under the name Mercury.
I consent to be a player and consent to be governed by the rules. I join under the name Minerva.
I consent to be a player and consent to be governed by the rules. I join under the name Neptune.
I consent to be a player and consent to be governed by the rules. I join under the name Pax.
I consent to be a player and consent to be governed by the rules. I join under the name Pluto.
I consent to be a player and consent to be governed by the rules. I join under the name Pollux.
I consent to be a player and consent to be governed by the rules. I join under the name Polyhymnia.
I consent to be a player and consent to be governed by the rules. I join under the name Proserpina.
I consent to be a player and consent to be governed by the rules. I join under the name Quirinus.
I consent to be a player and consent to be governed by the rules. I join under the name Salacia.
I consent to be a player and consent to be governed by the rules. I join under the name Saturn.
I consent to be a player and consent to be governed by the rules. I join under the name Silvanus.
I consent to be a player and consent to be governed by the rules. I join under the name Summanus.
I consent to be a player and consent to be governed by the rules. I join under the name Terminus.
I consent to be a player and consent to be governed by the rules. I join under the name Terpsichore.
I consent to be a player and consent to be governed by the rules. I join under the name Thalia.
I consent to be a player and consent to be governed by the rules. I join under the name Urania.
I consent to be a player and consent to be governed by the rules. I join under the name Venus.
I consent to be a player and consent to be governed by the rules. I join under the name Vesta.
I consent to be a player and consent to be governed by the rules. I join under the name Victoria.
I consent to be a player and consent to be governed by the rules. I join under the name Vulcan.

Note I didn't change my name, I joined /again/ 49 times. And all 50 of me are using this account.

I'll undo it if no one else dupilcates themselves.

[[BvS]]