Daniel Lepage on 19 Jul 2003 05:15:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Whee!

On Saturday, July 19, 2003, at 01:11  AM, Craig wrote:

I hereby win.

Gee, I did that on the worng list.

I hereby win. On the PF this time.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone else in this game actually *read* the
ruleset? "Players may not change the gamestate." -- r393.

Victory is not a change to the gamestate. The gamestate changes in response, but nowhere do the rules say that whether the game has been won or lost is
part of the gamestate. I checked before trying this.

The number of wins in a player's possession is part of the gamestate, so it's not legal.

But just in case, I award myself a Win.

Remember, 'winning' is not defined. 'Being awarded a win' is.

So I suppose your action was legal, because 'winning' isn't part of the gamestate at all. But your action doesn't do anything, any more than painting yourself purple would.

--
Wonko