David E. Smith on 11 Jun 2003 14:19:01 -0000

[Spoon-business] The Daily Recognizer (Wednesday morning)

Glotmorf wiggles eir way into Athena's Society.
BvS receives 10 points for Gnome Ministry services.
Wonko receives 18 points for Quote Ministry services.
I take back the 30 points (Nomvivor, nweek 41) that Wonko shouldn't have
received (e'd already hit the Speed Limit that nweek).

Quote Props:
SkArcher, quoting Glotmorf, is p1556.
bd, quoting BvS, is p1557.

Other Props:
"Force Experience" is p1558/0 (rectified: the original author didn't give
it a title).

Teucer's automation script is updated. (Note that since I am free to
ignore Kicks at my discretion, it's very likely that your robo-kicks will
be ignored in favor of those whose kicks are posted on a public forum.)

The Pusher Robot's automation script update failed to compile (rejected on
the grounds that it's ridiculously impractical to automate).

The Weather updates.
Curt and Rod move.

I believe there's some rule that says, in effect, "if a given rule is the
exclusive province of one minister, and there is no such minister, the
Admin can ignore that rule". I apply that clause to the lunar/tidal phases
rules. If we ever have another Weather Man, they'll still be there...

I propose (and recognize as p1559/0):

{{ __Leveling the Playing Field, Mark II__
To rule 154, section B.6.:

{{
In the list of items affected by Universal Entropy, in the second item,
replace "and Balls of Wax" with "Balls of Wax, and Olive Trees".

[[ Apparently they're hardy, but I don't think they're quite that hardy. ]]

Add, between the fifth and sixth items:

* The Elevation of all Grid Squares is reset to zero.

}}

Reset the elevation of all Grid Squares to zero, and remove the Olive Tree
at (16,2). [[ Sheeba's not even here any longer. ]]

}}