Baron von Skippy on 10 May 2003 03:01:02 -0000

[Spoon-business] Proposals

Okay, I've got a bunch of random ideas, so I'm going to propose them because I'm like that.

I propose:
{{
__But I don't WANT to be a toad... er... penguin... thing!__

Add a subsection to Rule 301.E:
{{
E.8. The Statue of Simplicity
There exists the Statue of Simplicity. The Statue of Simplicity is a passable uncarryable Grid Object. At any time a player who is within one space of the Statue of Simplicity may Simplify themselves. When they do so, the following effects occur:

If the player is a Toad or a Penguin, they cease to be a Toad or a Penguin.
If the player is in any Siren's ZOE or ZATR, they cease to be affected by that Siren for one nday. If the player's Stats are being modified by any source, they cease to be modified by that source. If the source is an item in the player's possession, the effects of that item resume affecting the player at the beginning of the next nweek. If the player is in a Speeder, that speeder loses all Upgrades, including Non-Reversable Upgrades and IIDs. If the player has any Gnomes in eir possession, those Gnomes all become Basic Gnomes with three hit points each. If the player has any Gremlins in eir possession, those Gremlins are each moved to a random Grid location.
The player's BAC becomes 0.
The player's Entropy increases by 5.
}}
}}

------------------------------------

I propose:

{{
__So are we going to use these nice Stats?__

Create a rule:
{{
__Stat Modifiers__

A. STR

B. SPD
B.1. Seven-League Boots
There exist pairs of Seven-League Boots. A player may purchase a pair of Seven-League Boots for 300 BNS. A player with a pair of Seven-League Boots has eir SPD tripled while they have a pair of Seven-League Boots in eir possession. No player may own more than one pair of Seven-League Boots. Three nweeks after a player purchases Seven-League Boots, the soles wear out and the boots are destroyed.

C. INT
C.1. Goof Gas
There exist Goof Gas Bombs. A player may purchase a Goof Gas Bomb for 150 BNS. Goof Gas Bombs are carryable objects. A Player may throw a Goof Gas Bomb at a Grid space, causing it to go off. When a Goof Gas Bomb goes off, the targeted Grid space and three random adjacent Grid spaces get the attribute "Goof Gas" for one nweek. If a player enters a space with the attribute "Goof Gas," that player's INT is halved (rounded to the nearest integer) for one nweek, unless that player is an Ogre, in which case the Goof Gas has no effect.

D. CON
}}
}}

[[Suggestions are welcomed here. I only had thought up Goof Gas when I started, and I figured I'd leave a nice framework around for other people to fill in. It's a pretty framework.]]

I propose:
{{
__I'm the half can!__

Create three Ancient Monoliths on the Grid at random locations.
Put an Entropy Harvester on a random one of those three.
Place one Can of Whoopass on the Grid at each location occupied by an Ancient Monolith.

Remove the first paragraph of 301.E.4.3.
[["An Ancient Monolith is destroyed if its location is substance fire, it is hit by a thrown Bomb Gnome, or a Big Rock falls on it."]] [[We don't have any, we're not getting any, they're hard to get, hard to keep, and easy to kill, and we need Whoopass if anyone is to build anything on the Grid. So this solves all but one of those problems - they're still hard to get, but that's okay for now.]]
}}

[[Okay, I've got one more, but it will take a while, so I'll hold off on that.]]

[[BvS]]