Orc In A Spacesuit on 24 Apr 2003 21:23:01 -0000

[Spoon-business] Who wins?

There are three points of contention that will determine who grabs the win in the current nuttiness.

First, is whether or not a player can modify a charter to a society, or set some object to be a society (As in Wonko making himself his new society's charter).
If that is possible, Wonko wins.
If that is not possible, then Wonko does not win.
I believe it is not possible, as "Players may not change the game state."

Next, is whether or not charters themselves are, currently, empowered to do anything, and whether or not they do things based on themselves. Which is relevant because Glotmorf tries to get his society's /charter/ to give him charm.
If this is possible, Glotmorf wins.
If not, Glotmorf does not win.
I believe that this does not work, as Societies do things based on their charters, but the charters themselves don't ever have a reason to do anything.

Finally, there is whether or a society, which is empowered to modify its charter by the rules, can modify its charter to be a rule.
If so, I win.
If not, I do not win.
I believe that they can.  Here's:

First, you have to decide if modifying a charter to be a rule counts as Rule Change. We have: "A Rule Change consists of the creation (enactment), modification (amendment), or deletion (repeal) of a rule."

I do not think that modifying a charter such that it becomes a rule counts as a Rule Change. It is not a creation of the rule, as it already existed while not a rule. It is not modification of a rule, as it is not a rule until the modification happens. And nothing's being deleted.

Now, I might be right, I might be wrong.
If I am right, I win just with what I've shown so far.
If I am wrong, then there's still this:

"Changing the Rules is permitted only as explicitly or implicitly described by a Rule other than this Rule or a set of Rules not including this Rule."

Modifying a charter is described by the Societies rule. Whether or not that charter is also a rule doesn't change the fact that the modification is described.

Now then, I suppose that it could possibly be ruled that none of this is legal. In such a case, I need to summon up my backup plan.

WARNING: The following is confusing as heck, and I'm not going to do it anyway unless I haven't already gotten a win. It's a backup. If you are in the slightest confused about what's going on now, don't even bother with trying to read it.

IF I have not already been Awarded a Win during Nweek 40:

OEPEVA modifies its charter to also be a society, with itself as a member, and also modifies that charter/society to have the name "CharterExploits".
OEPEVA modifies it's charter, CharterExploits, to be its own charter.
OEPEVA modfires it's charter, CharterExploits, to have 100 Charm.
As CharterExploits has the same charter as OEPEVA, it also does what I say it does. CharterExploits modifies it's charter to have the following sentence appended to it: "If this society has positive charm, it gives 1 charm to Orc in a Spacesuit." That should get me a load of charm. Now to take care of that entropy problem: CharterExploits modifies its charter to be an Ancient Monolith, including all that entails, including being a grid object. The charter/society/monolith wasn't created just now, only modified, so it's entropy absorption isn't set now. Or maybe it might be, depending on your interpertaion. In any case: CharterExploits modifies its charter to to have the location (12,4), and an Entropy Capacity of 1000. I kneel facing the Monolith and pray to the gods of planar geometry. It absorbs 3d6 entropy. That should put me down below the maximum. I win.

Congratulations, you're looking at the first society which is also its own charter, and is also the charter for another society, and is also a grid object.

Orc in a Spacesuit