Daniel Lepage on 28 Mar 2003 14:18:01 -0000

[Spoon-business] Re: [spoon-discuss] Pretty. What do we blow up first?

On Thursday, March 27, 2003, at 11:34  PM, Baron von Skippy wrote:

I think I've come across an interesting back door in various Nomics that would allow the utter destruction or minor screwing with of the rulesets of other Nomics, although that's up for debate. At the very least, using this hole would precipitate some fun tension, or, depending on the target game, a war.

Or, using the same hole, we could start turf wars by writing the Grid into another Nomic's ruleset and beating up their players with it.

Or we could replace an entire ruleset with the infinitely superior phrase "proosal proosal proosal."

Really, the possibilites are nearly endless.

So: Are we interested in starting a war? Do we want to create havoc and/or confusion beyond the usual amount? If so, I can whip up a prop to a) protect our own ruleset and b) start screwing around. If not, never mind. Details on the plan will be forthcoming if there's support for this.

Well, as long as we're discussing infiltration and whatnot, I might as well get this out now:

I propose
{{
__And the World *WILL* Live as One__

Create the following Philosophical Mandate:
{{
__Unwavering Zealotry__

The Unwavering Zealot has one fundamental belief: That the only hope of salvation lies in Unwavering Zealotry. E believes that all Nomic Players should be Unwavering Zealots, and those who refuse to convert must be eradicated for the good of all. Moreover, e does not believe that eir Philosophy should be contained solely within a single Nomic; e believes it is eir duty to seek out other Nomics and convert their players as well.

In this mandate, the term 'Heretic' means, 'a player who is not an Unwavering Zealot'.

In B Nomic, an Unwavering Zealot may grant emself 10 points, with the restriction that this may only be used after e has targeted Heretic with a form of Abuse, and may not be used more than once for each time e Abuses another player thusly. E may also increase eir Force by 3 points, with the restriction that this may only be used if it would not increase eir Force beyond eir Force Max, and if e has either never used this ability, or targeted a Heretic with a Force Ability since the last time e used this ability.

If an Unwavering Zealot becomes a Heretic, e loses 50 points and all eir Force points.
}}
}}