bd on 13 Mar 2003 21:33:01 -0000

Re: [Spoon-business] The Daily Recognizer (Wednesday evening)

On Thursday 13 March 2003 07:58 am, Glotmorf wrote:
> On 3/12/03 at 11:48 PM David E. Smith wrote:
> >BvS dusts off the Insta-Rule system. Glotmorf, still around? :)
>
> Yep.  Even planning to vote this nweek.
>
> New Insta-Rule so recognized.  However, I should like to point out that
> this creates an Insta-Rule that contradicts an existing Insta-Rule.  While
> the effect is that the more-current Insta-Rule takes priority, it would
> have been better to destroy the earlier Insta-Rule instead, so that the pig
> is less likely to become active.

[[ Destroy, hmm? ]]

I propose the following:
{{
__E=MC^2__

Append the following to rule 698:
{{
If two insta-rules, one allowing an action and one disallowing the same action
are located in the same grid space, both are destroyed and the effects of
cracking open a Can of Whoopass are performed on that location. An insta-rule
carried by a player on the grid is considered to be at the same location as
the carrying player for the purposes of the previous sentence.
}}
}}

--
bd
Any given program, when running, is obsolete.