Wonko on 21 Dec 2002 06:56:01 -0000

[Spoon-business] Force, INH, polynomic

Okay, first of all, Minister stuff:
The Force website is updated, to reflect the end of last nweek. That's all
that's happened forcewise, AFAIK.

Next, INH:
I haven't updated the INH stuff yet because I'm not sure it's worth doing -
does anyone care about INH anymore? It seems to have died, now that the game
proper is more easily playable once again...

Finally, my feelings on this multi-nomic thing:

Yes, it would be a good idea to talk with other Nomics, but I'd like to have
some idea what we want before we start arguing with other Nomics. I think it
would be very interesting (the Baron and I were discussing this earlier) to
set up something vaguely akin to the Grid, except with different Nomics
owning different parts of it, sort of like a cross between Risk and
Monopoly, with each Nomic being a "player" in the game (sort of like making
each Nomic the government of a hypothetical nation).

Alternately, a new InterNomic could be established, using most of the same
base rules as InterNomic I.

Or, a "simple" trading scheme could be devised, wherein Nomics would be able
exchange certain objects - perhaps a panel of players from the member Nomics
could be appointed to decide what items were subject to exchange; this would
also allow the Copyright thing to work well - the panel could decide, for
example, to approve only Big Sticks created by B Nomic, etc. The one problem
I see with trading between Nomics is that for every good, there will always
be at least one Nomic for which that good is free; it seems to defeat the
purpose of all this if we can just wave our arms and create an arbitrarily
large number of Sledge-O-Matics to trade to Nomicron or Agora.

--
Wonko