Glotmorf on 10 Nov 2002 19:08:03 -0000

[Spoon-business] M-Tek announcement

M-Tek, founder of DimShip technology and other innovations, announces it is no longer able to conduct business as it has up to now.

M-Tek was formed as an investment trust, with investors supplying bandwidth on a regular basis using Electronic Bandwidth Transfer, a means of participating in the trust with no explicit effort required on their part.

Current regulations, however, forbid M-Tek to accept EBTs, which means investors would be required to manually process a transfer of bandwidth each time M-Tek would perform an action for them.

As this is more effort than investors have indicated they wanted to make, pending change in regulations, M-Tek will cease operations as of the beginning of the following nweek.

We regret this necessity, and wish to state it has been a pleasure serving the community.

						Glotmorf
						Prez, M-Tek

(The above is not fanciful prose.  It reflects the actual agreement between Iain and myself when I first invited em into M-Tek.

This agreement is no longer possible, since it was apparently unacceptable to consider that the members of a society might actually *desire* to have resources automatically committed to the society, rather than make explicit transfers every godfersaken nweek.

While Iain is still peripherally around, this requirement reflects more effort than recent history indicates e wants to make.  And I'm not going to operate M-Tek at a loss to myself for the sole purpose of keeping eir activity up.

Therefore, unless something changes in the next voting period, M-Tek will shut down.)

-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a cyber-anthropologist's blog
http://ix1.1sound.com/ivoryminitower