Wonko on 23 Oct 2002 23:27:02 -0000

[Spoon-business] Wonko takes Action

Alright:

First, the Ministry of the Force: All the effects of the end of the nweek
have possibly taken effect, but until I know whether all dimensions were
cleared when I tried to win or when BvS tried to win (or not at all) I can't
be sure. (Resetting these things would be good)

Secondly, I rescind my appeal of 1098, if I can. If I cannot, I judge it to
be REFUSED, on the grounds that the outcome is no longer relevant to the
game.

Since this action should satisfy the conditions for Glotmorf's conditional
Society Creation, INH is created. I consent to be an initial member, and as
the only member thus become the Leader.

As the Leader, I'm empowered to make any changes I want to the Ordinances.
So I do so. Namely, I create them. They're now posted off the Force Ministry
Site at www.geocities.com/bnomic/Ord.html if anyone wants to look at them; I
still haven't gotten around to making that site look nice. These Ordinances
are, quite frankly, chaotic. I want to see how well this works, and I figure
that if it doesn't, the Charter can just be amended to allow the problem to
be fixed.

Finally, I do intend to continue with my CFI that I couldn't call myself
'Yoda'. One of the factors involved in the WBE series of CFIs was the
question of whether Glotmorf legally could create WBE, given that the rules
were trying to use the name for another object. But the WBE series was
saturated with other issues, such as whether a rule could be a charter, so
the issue of naming was hard to pinpoint. So I tried to change my name in
order to create an event that could be CFI'd based *solely* on the issue I
wanted addressed, and wouldn't be influenced by any sort of judicial bias
because it made no difference.

Oh, right, one more thing... STOP ARGUING ABOUT *IT*! "It nullifies
lawsuits" can't be a Specific Case, because it doesn't say It only nullifies
some lawsuits. So even if you do interpret that sentence to mean that It
prevent CFI's, which I don't, then it STILL doesn't do anything because a
lower numbered rule contradicts it. (like, players can make CFI's, and CFI's
may only be altered by their creators) It may very well dispense tea and
coffee, but Dave's entirely correct that It charges for those drinks, as
that's what the rules say those drinks cost. It can't be put on the Grid by
any of us, because that's a gamestate change. It can't be destroyed by
water, because A) 'dissolve' has no meaning for a non-physical object such
as a Nomic Object unless the rules define it, and B) even if it were
destroyed, it'd come right back because "There exists It."
The whole thing is entirely stupid and irrelevant, and that proposal never
should have passed.

I remember now why I always hated contrary vote bonuses.

--
Wonko