Orc In A Spacesuit on 7 Oct 2002 16:37:05 -0000

[Spoon-business] something constructive

Ok, enough ranting, I'm gonna do something constructive now.
Dave, I do all this to reduce your headaches.

I make the following proposal:
{{__Bailing the Water, Not Fixing the Hull__
Deactivate Rule 946, __B Nomic Stock Exchange__
[[I think it's patched up, but nobody's using it pretty much, and I still think it's a minefield.]]

Deactivate Rule 1077, __Mining The Grid__
[[Fix it up Glotmorf, you have the fixings of something real good here. Just not yet. This fixes the 'spend 70 BNS to destroy just about anything' problem']]

Repeal Rule 6, __Game Definitions__
[[This gets rid of the 'everything must have uniquely identifying names' problem; those definitions are flawed anyway, and by being #6 breaks the rules about numbers. This, by the way is another one that only Wonko and I voted against. Must not rant, must not rant....]]

If any changes to the charters of any societies were made between the submitting and and passing of this proposal, undo those changes and any results of them. [[I'm basically freezing societies from right when I submit it to when these safeguards take place]]

Remove all members of Wonko's Slaves, except Wonko. If any change of points or BNS happened as a result of membership in Wonko's Slaves, undo those changes.

Remove all text in the charter of The Secret Mookies after and including the first instance of "Members of The Secret Mookies named Wonko" in that charter. Return to Wonko any points and BNS transferred solely as a result of that removed section.

Create the following rule:
{{__Bureaucracratic Deadlock__{*(Society), 6*}
Society charters may not be changed, except by proposal or administarial bookeeping . This rule takes precedence over any rule that would allow society charters to be changed by any other method than the two stated in the previous sentence. [[Repeal this once societies get fixed]]
}}

Create the following rule:
{{__These things matter__{*(Vote), 12*}
No other rule or proposal can modify, change, add, remove, regulate, or discount any votes for Unauthored Proposals. Each player, and only players, get exactly one vote, which is fully under eir control, for Unauthored Proposals. Unauthored Proposals are deemed to have signifigance, and the true feeling of the players should be allowed to be expressed on them. [[This gets rid of Hands, Drunkeness, and Mind Tricks for Declarations of (Dis)Respect, Ministerial No-Confidence, and anything else we make Unauthored.]]
}}
}}
[[End of proposal]]

That should put a stop to some craziness.

I also leave Wonko's Slaves, if I am in it, which I doubt.

[[Oh Glotmorf? I changed my mind _somewhat_ about your Saga prop. I still think it has too much overhead, but I do believe that we should have an easy way to transverse all the proposals that contain BNomic History (props with in-game storyline included). I've got some ideas, but I think we should work together on this one, and we should split the points from the vote if nothing else. Can you get on IRC?]]

Orc In A Spacesuit
starts bailing water