Glotmorf on 4 Oct 2002 15:17:03 -0000

Re: [Spoon-business] CFI: Society Chutzpah

On 10/4/02 at 9:15 AM Glotmorf wrote:

>I make the following CFI:
>
>Statement: Rule 578 has a Chutzpah of 2.
>
>Analysis:
>
>Part of the text of Rule 578 includes, near the beginning of subsection F,
>the text, "(Chutzpah 2)".  As there is no provision for a subsection
>having its own Chutzpah, this Chutzpah statement must apply to the
>entirety of Rule 578.
>
>That the text "(Chutzpah 2)" appears in the text of Rule 578 is sufficient
>for the purposes of Rule 33 to indicate Rule 578's Chutzpah is other than
>1.

I rescind this CFI.  Funny...I thought Rule 497 had been repealed.

I do make the following CFI, though:

Statement: Members of a Society may vote, regardless of whether or not they are players, in order to cast a "yes" vote on their Society's proposals.

Analysis:

Rule 497 says individual subsections of rules can have their own Chutzpah.

Rule 578 subsection F has a Chutzpah of 2.

Rule 578 subsection F says Members of a Society auto-vote "Yes" on the Society's proposals.

Rule 15 says game entities other than players may vote if permitted to by a rule with a higher Chutzpah.

Therefore, members of a Society can vote, inasmuch as they can cast a "Yes" vote on that Society's proposals.

						Glotmorf