Orc In A Spacesuit on 4 Oct 2002 06:28:12 -0000

Re: [Spoon-business] NomiCrack and Victory: The Game is Mine

From: Wonko <dplepage@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
I ratify the motion to make NomiCrack GNomes the Sale Type as well.
That's the CEO plus at least 1/4 of the non-CEO members. NC Gnomes are now
On Sale.

[[buying of crack and other stuff cut out]]

I consume my remaining 7 Rocks of NomiCrack [[+1050 points]]
I win [[-1050 points]]
--
Wonko

Hehehe. Nice try. I now refer to a portion Rule 850/0, Gnomes On Sale, which has the vSOI sale type info: "then at the end of the nweek the vSOI Sale Type changes to the attempted type."

So the crack hasn't been smuggled in yet. So most of your actions were illegal, but you still board your airspeeder and convert all your points to BNS.

Well, now that we are tipped off, I'm going to fix that. I make the following proposal:
{{__This Nomic is Cracked__
In rule __NomiCrack__:
Change "Gain 150 Points" to "Gain 150 Points minus 5 Points for each rock of NomiCrack e has previously consumed" Change "only 1/4 of the point value" to "only 50 points minus 1 point for each rock of NomiCrack e has previously consumed" Change "Player is unable to board air speeders" to "Player may not win, is unable to board air speeders or cause airspeeders to move". Add after the sentence changed by the previous sentence "The previous sentence takes precedence over all other rules"
}}
Pretty much, I'm making people not get as much of a high as they get tolerant, which is realistic, making being unable to win one of the ill effects that last for 3d4 ndays (hey, you're too wasted to be bothered with winning), and making sure those ill effects take precedence over other rules. But a good thing - if you are a recovering addict, you can win before you lose the CrackHead status, so taking a few of rocks doesn't screw you permanantly.

Orc In A Spacesuit
is not a CrackHead