Baron von Skippy on 19 Sep 2002 01:42:02 -0000

[Spoon-business] Wait... did I say that right?

Someone has probably asked about this, so I'll clear it up in case...

Replace all occurences of the words "Resource Units" in my proposal with "units of Raw Materials."

This is what I get for not reading Wonko's stuff carefully enough and playing Homeworld.

Then, to further explain/confuse, I make the following proposal:

{{
__Less is More: Capital Resources__

{{
Amend the entirety of Rule 21 to read:

__Capital Resources__

A. Capital
Players may own Capital Resources. These are objects which may not be manipulated except in a manner specified in the rules.

B. Types
B.1. Points
The number of points in the posession of a player shall be known as eir score.

The owner of one or more points may transfer any or all points in eir possession to another legal owner by posting to the public forum, provided the new owner is not a player whom the transferring player owns shares in the player stock of.

Whenever a rule states that a player receives points, the number of points in eir possession shall be increased accordingly; whenever a rule states that a player loses points, the number of points in eir possession shall be lowered accordingly, but it shall never become less than zero.

New players initially do not possess any points.

B.2. BNS
There exist 5,000,000 indistinguishable B Nomic Shilling notes. A number of B Nomic Shilling notes may be referred to as s or BNS. [[ For example, 123 B Nomic Shilling notes may be referred to as 123s or BNS123. ]]

There exists an entity known as The Bank. Where the rules dictate that an entity gains or is given some shillings without specifying where from then these shillings come from The Bank. If The Bank has less shillings than the transaction requires then The Bank gives all of its remaining shillings to that entity instead. Where the rules dictate that an entity loses or has shillings taken from them without specifying where they go to then these shillings go to The Bank.

B.3. Raw Materials
There exist an infinite number of units of Raw Materials, or Units, for short. Players may never have a negative number of Units. If an action would cause a player to have a negative number of Units, that action is cancelled. Players may transfer Units they control to other players.

C. Exchange Rates
1 point may be traded for 10 BNS.
1 point may be traded for 5 Units.
1 Unit may be traded for 2 BNS.