Wonko the Sane on 29 Jul 2002 19:13:05 -0000

[Spoon-business] Proposals

I do believe I sent in three proposals already... Remember, those three that I thought I'd sent out in time, but which apparently were an nday late? They're not on the proposal site...

Anyhoo, two more, right? Right.

Proposal I:

{{
__Cleaning up after myself__

In rule 301 [[The Grid]] :

Replace the text:
"This section, and all sections preceding it in this rule, defer to any and all rules or sections of rules which contradict it. "
with
"This section, and all sections preceding it in this rule, defer to any and all rules or sections of rules which specifically contradict them."

[[that's so that if a rule says "players may move to any grid square", it won't contradict the bit that says "players may not move onto Immovable Objects" unless the rule specifically says "players may move to any grid square, regardless of what already occupies that square.]]

Remove the last three paragraphs of section E.4 [[cheerleaders are no more.]]

Replace the text:
"If the result is a 1 the big rock is destroyed and an ancient monolith is created in its place."
with
"If the result is a 1 the big rock and any objects on it are destroyed and an ancient monolith is created in their place."
[[so that we don't create monoliths with Siren Bait on them]]

}}

Proposal II:

{{
__Need a hand?__

Create:
{{
__Hands__ {*(voting, Grid),2*}

A. Hands
There exist passable, carryable MOs called Hands. A player who has a Hand may use it during Voting to cast a single vote on a single proposal. Restrictions on this may be placed by the definitions of specific Hands. When a Hand is used, it is immediately transferred to a random Grid Square. No more than one Hand may be targeted at the same proposal in an nweek.

B. The Hand of Uin

There exists a Hand called the Hand of Uin. The Hand of Uin may only be used to cast an affirmative vote for a proposal which includes, as one of its actions, the repeal of at least one rule.

C. The Hand of Bean

There exists a Hand called the Hand of Bean. The Hand of Bean may only be used to cast an affirmative or negative vote for a proposal which includes, as one of its actions, the modification of rule 394.[[Football]]

D. The Hand of Gritter

There exists a Hand called the Hand of Gritter. The Hand of Gritter may only be used to cast an affirmative or negative vote for a proposal which includes, as one of its actions, the modification of rule 301. [[The Grid]]
}}
[[This is to commemorate some of the ex-players who made major contributions to the game before their demise.

BTW, I agree with the analysis that uin is no more, much as it pains me to admit it. Unfortunately, I fear the same logic must apply to Bean, who went On Leave the day after Uin's departure.]]

[[Just out of curiosity, how many players here are old enough to remember Gritter?]]
}}

--
Wonko