Dan Waldron on 18 Jul 2002 23:53:05 -0000

[Spoon-business] revision

> "An Ode to the Gods of Planar Geometry" is 873/2. (Please check it, as
> your changes were a bit ambiguous, and led to subsection E.4.5 not making
> as much sense as it could.)

Thanks for the heads up.  It seems I tried to solve the problem from both
ends at once and not unsurprisingly I failed.  This fixes it and gives me
the chance to make a number of other grammatical corrections:

I make the following changes to 873 (section numbers refer to the
sections to be added to 301):

in E.4.1. remove the comma after "kneel"
in E.4.3. capitalize "destruction", remove the second period, parenthesise
"if it still exists", and insert a blank line at the end of the
subsection.
replace E.4.4 with the following:
{{
A player may attempt to create an ancient monolith by announcing eir
intent to forge an historical relic in the public forum.  This costs 30
points and one earth gnome, one ice gnome, and one fire gnome, all of
which are destroyed in the process and without which it cannot be
attempted.  The player must be adjacent to a big rock and remain adjacent
to that rock for one nweek or the attempt fails.  At the end of the nweek
the administrator shall roll 1d2.  If the result is a 1 the big rock is
destroyed and an ancient monolith is created in its place.  A newly
created ancient monolith is unable to absorb entropy until the beginning
of the next nweek.
}}

decapitalize the first letter of E.4.5 and add "If, " at the beginning of
the subseciton.

Dan