Wonko on 4 Jul 2002 05:36:04 -0000

Re: [Spoon-business] Whoops! Force Prop fix!

Oops! To Business, then:

I make the following changes to my Force proposal:

>> Force Recovery: At the beginning of every nweek, each player's Force
>> Recovery increases by eir Force Recovery.
>
> Perhaps "each player's Force Points"?

I do that.

>> B.8 Force Destruction
>>
>> Force Destruction is a Force Ability. It must be targeted at up to three
>> Grid square within three squares of the Destroying player's location, all
>> of
>> which must be consecutive to at least 1 of the other targeted squares, and
>> costs 8 Force plus 2 points for every target square. When a player Force
>> Destroys a square, the following occurs:
>
> Perhaps "at up to three Grid squares"?

I do that.

>> The square's substance becomes Fire.
>> Any Big Rocks on the square are destroyed, along with anything on the Big
>> Rock.
>> Any players on that square lose 2d3 points to the Destroying player.
>> All MO's on that square are moved to random squares that are consecutive to
>> that square and that were not also targeted.
>>
>> Only Jedi Masters and Jedi Lords may use Force Destruction.
>
> How about simply "lost 2d3 points", but not to the Destroying player?
> Otherwise, it's a serious rich-get-richer thang.  One could theoretically suck
> another player for as much as 36 points in a nweek.

I replace 'to the Destroying player' in the above with ', half of which,
rounded down, are transferred to the Destroying player, the rest of which
are given to the Gremlin Fund.

>> B.9 Jedi Mind Trick
>>
>> Using a Jedi Mind Trick is a Force Ability. It costs 12 Force, and must be
>> targeted at a player that is within 3 squares of the Tricking player's
>> location, and an item on the Ballot. The target player may not be a player
>> who is more advanced on the Jedi Path than the Tricking player, nor may it
>> be a player with more Force than the Tricking player. When a player uses a
>> Jedi Mind Trick on another player, the Tricking player may set the targeted
>> player's vote on the targeted Ballot item. Once a player's vote has been
>> set
>> this way, that player may not change it by submitting another vote. This
>> rule supercedes rule 30 in that regard.
>>
>> Jedi Mind Tricks may only be used during Voting.
>
> I wouldn't want to see this used more than once per nweek.  Otherwise it could
> get as many as four free votes on a single proposal.

I append to the third to last sentence of the above the following: " except
by Jedi Mind Tricking emself"

>> Give Slumbering Giant 1 the Force Attribute "Untrained" [[ since e doesn't
>> seem to care about such things ]]. Give three other players, selected at
>> random, who are not on Leave, the Force Attribute "Novice Jedi Knight".
>> Give
>> all other players the Force Attribute "Padawan Learner".
>
> What's the starting Force value for existing players?

I append to the proposal the following: "Set each Padawan's Force to 15, and
each Novice Jedi Knight's Force to 20."

--
Wonko