Glotmorf on 7 May 2002 03:54:42 -0000

Re: spoon-business: NWEEK 14 RESULTS

On 5/7/02 at 3:24 AM David E. Smith wrote:

>Proposal 649/0 (A Piece of the Action) (Glotmorf):
>AFF: Baron von Skippy, Glotmorf, Wild Card (13)
>NEG: Dan, rachel, The Voice
>ABS: Congenital Optimist
>Counts: (3-3-1-0). Measure fails. Glotmorf loses 2 points.
>[[ I know it's a Charter Proposal, but it still fails, for the same
>reasons "Fight Club" failed last nweek. Someone should consider fixing
>that at some stage. Just a note in Rule 631 that "This rule supercedes
>Rule thirtysomething as regards vote counting" would suffice, as would a
>revision to rule thirty-whatever that specifically exempts Charter
>Proposals. ]]

Rule 631 supercedes (quote from adm. msg.) Rule 32 right now.  Rule 32's chutzpah is 1; Rule 631's chutzpah is 2.

Besides, as I said before, a Charter Prop isn't a prop.  It's only "like" a prop.

The reason the Fight Club Charter Prop failed was that the Charter Prop rule didn't exist at the time that votes were counted.  That's not the case now.

						Glotmorf