Glotmorf on 9 Apr 2002 21:41:54 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Nomilogue #5

On 4/9/02 at 5:16 AM David E. Smith wrote:

>On Tue, 9 Apr 2002, Glotmorf wrote:
>
>> "If a player's Entropy exceeds Maximum Entropy / # of players / 2, all
>> eir messages posted to the public forum must consist of words of two or
>> fewer syllables.  If a player's Entropy exceeds Maximum Entropy / # of
>> players / 3, all eir messages posted to the public forum must consist of
>> words of one syllable.  Comprehensible abbreviations and acronyms are
>> acceptable in order to comply with this."
>
>You may want to parenthesize the equation, so it's clear what you mean.
>
>There are two ways to read that, assuming the current number of 13
>players:
>
>500 / 13 / 3 -- simply taking each in left-to-right order, which gives a
>total of 12.82. Which puts just about everyone in the "one syllable"
>category.
>
>or
>
>500 / (13/3) = 115.something
>
>I doubt the former is what you want, but that's what the rule currently
>says.
>
>Also: Yes, please post your CFJ ruling to a public forum. I don't think
>Web sites count as public, per the rules, and that's one precedent I don't
>really want to set.
>
>(This will be recognized sometime tomorrow afternoon, by the way.)
>
>...dave

Yeah, you're right...I was aiming for 2/3 full, actually.  And that's probably a little tight, even so...so kindly replace "Maximum Entropy / # of players / 2" with "((Maximum Entropy) / (# of players)) / 2", and replace "Maximum Entropy / # of
players / 3" with "(((Maximum Entropy) / (# of players)) / 4) * 3".

As soon as you've recognized it, that is.

						Glotmorf