David E. Smith on 21 Mar 2002 04:06:16 -0000

spoon-business: The Daily Recognizer (Wednesday evening)

I've been doing more little tiny updates on the administrative code part
of the Web site -- hopefully, nothing is heinously broken. (I'll find out
with this latest batch of proposals, I expect.)

The Weather is updated (technically it should have been updated yesterday,
but I was working a whole lot and besides, yesterday's weather was
substantially identical).

St. Louis, Lambert-St. Louis International Airport, MO, United States
(KSTL) 38-45-09N 090-22-25W 171M
Mar 20, 2002 - 07:53 PM EST / 2002.03.21 0053 UTC
Wind: from the E (080 degrees) at 6 MPH (5 KT):0
Visibility: 9 mile(s):0
Sky conditions: mostly clear
Temperature: 42.1 F (5.6 C)
Dew Point: 35.1 F (1.7 C)
Relative Humidity: 75%
Pressure (altimeter): 30.23 in. Hg (1023 hPa)

"Oh Baby, You SHOULDN'T Have!" is 476/0.

"Cheerleaders" is 477/0. And 477/1.

"Cover your Ears!" is 478/0.

The Voice, apparently startled by the ball, queues a move.

"Making up for the Past" is 479/0.

473 gets an overhaul: "If It's Not Worth Reading At All, It's Not Worth
Reading Well" is 473/1.

The proosal formerly known as 473 comes back for some odd reason: "Append
to Paragraph 47... or was that 48?" is 480/0.

I just realized that my attempt to lighten my load isn't helping...
Basically, I cut'n'paste proposals from my email into a Web form.
Previously, I'd have to go through the text of a proposal and manually
insert linebreaks. Now, the linebreaks go in automatically, but since a
Web page is usually wider than an email, I have to go in and delete a
bunch of linebreaks that are where they shouldn't be instead. This kinda
sucks.

"What's Football without Beer?" is 481/0.

I concur with the mathematics argument about "negative increases in
Entropy," since that's exactly what I thought when I did it. Absent a CFJ,
the negative entropy stands.

"The Gremlin Fund" is revised (472/1). Please look it over and make sure I
got the revisions right.

"Cover your Ears!" is revised (478/1).

"Second Law of Thermodynomics v2.0" is 482/0.

"That's Gremlin, SIR, to you, Soldier!" is 483/0.

"Damn Spectators!" is 484/0.

"I'm not as thunk as you drink I am!" is 485/0.

"The Riot Police" is 486/0.

This whole literature thing is getting out of hand. :-)

Remember, voting starts tomorrow! Get those proposals in, people! (Unless
you're Glotmorf, who's already hit the bandwidth limit, even with the
Token of Proposals.)

...dave

---- David E. Smith, POB 515045, St. Louis MO 63151
http://www.technopagan.org/    http://metadave.net/
http://www.bureau42.com/       http://whatIsay.com/

"There is so much randomness in the world that it's
a dice roll whether I'm happy or depressed." - TMCM