Eric Gerlach on 8 Feb 2002 04:14:05 -0000

spoon-business: Poetry and Poverty

Here goes, my last day additions to the ballot! (Just wait, there might be a last minute one!)

REVISION
--------

Revise Proposal 362 to read:
[[ Because I just realised it's useless, as you can throw Gremlins from Limbo to the Grid ]]
{{
__Poetry In Motion__

If Proposal 343 passed, Create a rule:
{{
__Poetic Forms__

Proposals may be sumbitted in a Poetic Form. Poetic Forms are sets of restrictions that are defined to be such by the ruleset. If a proposal confroming to a Poetic Form passes, its proponent recieves 5 points, and e earns the Form Bonus of any forms the proposal conformed to.
}}

Otherwise, create a rule:
{{
__Poetic Forms__

Proposals may be sumbitted in a Poetic Form. Poetic Forms are sets of restrictions that are defined to be such by the ruleset. If a proposal confroming to a Poetic Form passes, its proponent recieves 5 points, eir Respect is increased by one, and e earns the Form Bonus of any forms the proposal conformed to.
}}

[[ The "if" clause is just to avoid giving respect to people if it doesn't exist ]]

Regardless of the outcome of Proposal 343, perform the following:

Create a rule:
{{
__The Limerick__

A Limerick is a Poetic Form. To be a Limerick, a Proposal must conform to all the following restrictions:

1) It must be 5 lines in length, including or excluding the title.
2) Lines 1, 2, and 5 must rhyme, and each be three poetic feet in length.
3) Lines 3 and 4 must rhyme, and each be two poetic feet in length.
4) Comments are excluded from all the above restrictions.

The Form Bonus for a Limerick is 4 points.
}}

Create a rule:
{{
__The Cinquain__

A Cinquain is a Poetic Form. To be a Cinquain, a Proposal must conform to all the following restrictions:

1) It must be 5 lines in length, including or excluding the title.
2) Line 1 must be two syllables in length.
3) Line 2 must be four syllables in length.
4) Line 3 must be six syllables in length.
5) Line 4 must be eight syllables in length.
6) Line 5 must be two syllables in length.
7) Comments are excluded from all the above restrictions.

The Form Bonus for a Cinquain is 3 points.
}}

Revise Rule 357 as follows:

- Replace the text: "A player who submits a proposal in haiku form earns 10 Score points if the proposal is adopted, in addition to any points received as a normal consequence of the adoption of a proposal." with the text: "Haiku Form is a Poetic Form. The Form Bonus for Haiku Form is 5 points."

[[ Whee!  More poetry! ]]
}}

PROPOSAL
--------
{{

Create a rule:
{{
__Vow of Poverty__

{{
A player may take a Vow of Poverty by posting eir intention to do so in a public forum.

If a player who has taken a Vow of Poverty gives points to another player, eir respect increases by 0.005 for every point given. [[ i.e., give 200 points to another player for one respect ]] If a player who has taken a Vow of Poverty gives points to the Scoring Gremlin, e gains 0.01 respect for each point given. [[ i.e. give 100 points to the Scoring Gremlin for one respect ]]

Unless e is On Leave, at the end of the first nday of every nweek a player loses 0.1 respect for every point e has. If a player is On Leave at the end of the first nday of an nweek, one nday after e becomes Off Leave e loses 0.1 respect for every point e has.
}}

Revise Rule 296, replacing "Whenever a proposal is recognized, if the Scoring Gremlin is Active," with "Whenever a proposal is recognized, if the Scoring Gremlin is Active, out of all players who have not taken a Vow of Poverty". Then replace "If the player with the lowest" [[Last sentence, first paragraph]] with "If, out of the players who have not taken a Vow of Poverty, the player with the lowest".

If Proposal 361 failed, add the following text to the end of rule 296:
"Players may give points to the Scoring Gremlin in the same manner as giving points to other players.

The Scoring Gremlin initially has 100 Points. This paragraph shall then be deleted from the rules."

}}

[[ You know, I had a good Limerick to replace my "slowing down GremBall" proposal too... I was all excited about that.

Mr. Admin don't flip your lid.
Take all Gremlins off of The Grid.
Then to The Grid bring
Gremlins PIG, Witch and King;
And of GremBall too fast we'll be rid.

But of course that still wouldn't do anything... damn my feeble human brain!
]]