Jonathan Van Matre on 31 Jan 2002 18:06:10 -0000

RE: spoon-business: Ballot, nweek 6

YEA > Proposal 290/0: I've Got The Style It Takes (Scoff!)
YES > Proposal 291/0: Standard Optional Delimiters (Rob)
YES > Proposal 292/2: An Offer You Can't Refuse (Glotmorf)
YES > Proposal 302/0: Fixing It Would Be Too Easy (Glotmorf)
YES > Proposal 303/1: Watch for Falling Rocks (Glotmorf)
NO > Proposal 306/1: Wait, can I take that back? (The Voice)

Why does this need to have higher Chutzpah than every other rule in the rule set?  And I favor allowing revisions anyway.

NO > Proposal 307/1: More Bandwidth Gremlin Revisions (The Voice)
YES > Proposal 308/0: Rule by Consent (Dan)

I think see a point to this seemingly trivial change.  I'll let it fly, even though Dan has more points than me thanks to gritter's exit in a cloud of score points.

YES > Proposal 309/0: Judges make typos too! (Dan)

Rule 257 already permits corrections to CFJs.  This modification would also make 255 rather confusing...CFJs and other non-proposal "official documents" don't have proponents.  Rules, especially multiply-revised rules, don't have proponents either.  Covers old ground wearing less sensible shoes.

NO > Proposal 310/1: Help! Help! I'm being repressed! (Wonko)
NO > Proposal 311/2: Fixing the PEG (Wonko)
YES > Proposal 312/2: I'm Higher on the Food Chain! (Wonko)
NO > Proposal 313/3: The Yeti (Wonko)
YES > Proposal 314/3: Definitions&Pinball (Wonko)
NO > Proposal 315/2: I'm Flying! (Wonko)

Again with the excessive Chutzpah.  Also, it looks like "If a player, after being Thrown, ends up on a square which is occupied by an Impassable Object, e loses 5 points [[for being injured in the landing]] and is Thrown at that square." is an infinite recursion loop.  Fly  Elbonian Airways!  Again and again and again and again and....

NO > Proposal 317/0: Cheaters WILL be punished! (Dan)

I'm voting no because this gives even more of an unfair advantage than other LOGAS stuff.  Most stuff on the LOGAS favors those who are most vigilantly watching their e-mail.  This proposal is essentially free points to whoever judged the CFJ, since e will be aware of the player's kickable state before anyone else, and indeed can administer the kick as part of the posting that delivers the ruling.

NO > Proposal 319/0: Why? Because I'm a cave man. (Uncle Psychosis)
YES > Proposal 320/1: The only card I need. (Uncle Psychosis)

I like games that have open-ended play.  We've got enough different things to do with points now that the game can probably stay interesting without a clear win condition.

YES > Proposal 323/0: i said i've got a big stick (Congenital Optimist)
NO > Proposal 326/0: The Rat Race (Rob)

Really interesting idea, but (and my apologies for not noticing this sooner, or I would have pointed it out) some dimensions change very slowly, and the use of 5 points as a fixed value in the Collision scenario means one could easily lose more Style or Charm or Activity than e has.  A proportional value would be better.

YES > Proposal 327/0: Shields (The Voice)
YES > Proposal 328/0: Buttplates (The Voice)
NO > Proposal 329/0: Think the CFJ's through, people! (The Voice)
YES > Proposal 330/2: The Intercontinental Ballistic Gremlin (Glotmorf)
NO > Proposal 331/0: In the Valley of the Drones the One-Eyed Man is Queen
ABSTAIN > Proposal 332/1: Are you ready for some football! (Bean)

Pity this got eaten.  It *is* a very amusing idea.

YEA > Proposal 333/0: Sexy Sirens on the Rocks (Scoff!)
YEA > Proposal 334/0: Justice Administered Piecemeal, Part 2 (Scoff!)
YEA > Proposal 335/1: Bandwidth Limitation Of A Different Stripe (Scoff!)
YEA > Proposal 336/0: Dependent Proposals (Scoff!)
YEA > Proposal 337/0: nDaysed and nConfused (Scoff!)

--Scoff!