David E. Smith on 29 Jan 2002 20:12:17 -0000

spoon-business: The Daily Recognizer (Wednesday afternoon)

Rule 10 has NOT been repealed, unless you have a much more entertaining
definition of rule 18/1 than I do. To the best of my knowledge, no rule
explicitly or implicitly permits any player to single-handedly and
unilaterally declare that a rule has been repealed. (I expect someone to
CFJ it, rule 129 be damned, anyway. :)

Rules aren't game objects in any direct sense of the word, so I'm also
ruling that Rule 1 has not in fact been lobbed onto The Grid.

The latest entries in "World's Most Unfathomable CFJs" are:
321, assigned to Bean
322, assigned to Antonio

Bob's Clones aren't game objects, so they're not being shotgunned onto The
Grid. Should a subsequent CFJ rule that they are, in fact, on The Grid,
then the choke of Dan's shotgun was sufficiently tuned that each of them
lands in a different space. Clone 1 will have landed at (1,1), 2 at
(1,2)... 400 at (20,20).

Man, with all these iron-fisted declarations I've been making, maybe we
should just repeal the whole justice system and replace it all with "The
Velvet-Gloved Vigilante".  :-)

Proposals for the current nweek are due in a little more than a day - just
under 28 hours as I write this. If you still have a few of 'em available,
send 'em in!

Wholly unrelated question to anyone that might know: How, if at all, can
the Galeon browser be persuaded to print pages in landscape instead of
portrait? I have a password-protected Web page that displays the location
of everything on The Grid, including Shinies and Scaries, but it always
chops off the last one or two columns, and it kinda annoys me. :)

...dave

---- David E. Smith, POB 515045, St. Louis MO 63151
http://www.technopagan.org/    http://metadave.net/
http://www.bureau42.com/       http://whatIsay.com/

"Use anger to throw them into disarray." -- Sun Tzu