Eric Gerlach on 13 Jan 2002 21:15:55 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: new players

Whoops, jumped the gun a little on my CFJ... if the Administrator still deems it necessary, it can continue. However, if not, I retract the CFJ.

Apologetically,

Bean

At 07:54 PM 2002-01-13 +0000, you wrote:
On Sun, 13 Jan 2002, Donald Whytock wrote:

> I discussed the game of Nomic in general, and B Nomic in particular,
> with 21 of my imaginary friends. Since there doesn't seem to be a game
> requirement that players exist in this physical reality, they all
> agreed to join. Unfortunately, that very state renders them somewhat
> impaired for dealing with the internet in this reality, as well as the
> computers required for accessing it, so they have asked me to relay
> messages to and from the fora for them. Similarly, they have all given
> me their proxies, so I'll be casting their votes as per their
> instructions.

Well, you'd better get those imaginary friends to a computer...

Each of them must individually declare eir intent and desire to become a
Player, and eir ability to pass the Turing Test.

(Though not strictly required by the rules, I also desire that each of em
have a separate email address - mostly because, in the near future, I'll
mail out individual ballots, so players can vote via the Web site, and
have votes automatically counted, thus making my life easier.)

Then, after they become players, they can give you their proxies. Not
before, sorry.

I'm ignoring the whole "game custom" thing that players be in possession
of physical bodies and independent sentience for now.

...dave