Wonko on 27 Dec 2001 03:59:08 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Let's hang on to outdated imperialist dogma which perpetuates the economic and social differences in our society

on 12/26/01 10:49 PM, Rob Speer at rob@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Why not just say that if the Administrator is a Player, he cannot use
> the Veto power?
>
> Anyway, the rule is unclear. If a Veto is used, does it only succeed if
> less than 3/4 of all players voted for it? Is another vote held
> immediately? Or does it go to the next nweek? Furthermore, won't it be
> very difficult to override a Veto considering that at least 1/4 of the
> players tend to idle and not vote?

Oops. You're right. I amend my proposal to read as follows:

<proposal>
<title>You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some
watery tart threw a sword at you</title>
Append the following "Help! Help! I'm being repressed!" delimited text to
rule 32
"Help! Help! I'm being repressed!"
If the Administrator is not a player, e may veto a proposal by stating that
e does so on a public forum. If a proposal is vetoed in this manner, but at
least 3/4 of the votes counted for it were affirmative, the veto has no
effect. Otherwise, the proposal is deemed to have failed.
"Help! Help! I'm being repressed!"
</proposal>