Wonko on 26 Dec 2001 13:42:06 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Yet more proposals

Title: Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Yet more proposals
Think you misread, guy.  Rule 33, in its current form, says that lower-numbered rules take precedence, not higher-numbered ones.  So 10 would have taken precedence over 33.

Thanks for pointing that out. I did it right in the actual proposal, but when I was writing the rationale, I must have confused myself somehow (I'm good at doing that :)

Here's one more proposal(hopefully my last this nweek)  :

<proposal>
<title> Ain't ain't a word </title>
Replace the words " the proposals that have received a majority of affirmative votes is deemed to have passed." in rule 32 with the sentence " the proposals that have received a majority of affirmative votes are deemed to have passed."
<rationale>
The use of the word 'is' instead of 'are' is kind of confusing. It looks like it's referring to 'the proposals' as a single object. (It's nitpicky, but it ought to be done and it gets me points :)
</rationale>
</proposal>

I'll try to stop shot-gunning my proposals after this one.