Wonko on 26 Dec 2001 13:27:29 -0000

spoon-business: Paradox revision

Title: Paradox revision
I amend proposal 171/0 to read:

<proposal>
<title> The Paradox Prevention Proposal </title>
Create a new rule entitled "Paradox" with the following %%%% delimited text:
%%%%
If a proposal passes which causes the creation of a paradox upon its passing, the proponent of the proposal shall be awarded 100 points, after which all effects of the proposal besides the awardment of the points shall be erased and the proposal shall be treated as if it had failed. This shall only happen if a Judge decides that it is in fact a paradox before the end of the first nweek after the proposal passes. This rule takes precedence over rule 32.
%%%%
<rationale>
This should fix the problems Rob pointed out ­ it says effects besides the awardment of the points now instead of the win, and I think I've got it so that it will only erase the most recent proposal involved in the paradox. I think taking precedence over rule 32 is redundant, because rule 33 makes sure it does anyway, but better safe than sorry.
</rationale>
</proposal>