Dan on 10 Mar 2001 07:17:11 -0000

spoon-business: Two Proposals!

\begin{proposal}
\title{Tax the Rich!}

1. Enact a new rule entitled "Taxation" with text as follows:

The Property Tax Rate is a variable associated with the Game.  It can be
changed only as described in the rules.

At the end of each nweek each agent, but not the Bank, whose score is
greater than 100 points, owes the Tax Rate times their score at the
beginning of that nweek, rounded down, in points to the bank.

If, at the end of an nweek, the score of that one or more agents as of the
beginning of that nweek is not known, the Official Bean Counter is fined
20 points, and calculation of the taxation for that agent or agents is put
off until such time as eir score is calculated.

\end{proposal}

[[Why don't I add a bit of an incentive now to make people pay their
debts too]]

\begin{proposal}
\title{Debt Overdue Charges}

1. Enact a new rule entitled "Overdue Debts" with text as follows:

Upon the creation of a debt, the parties involved may specify a Debt
Overdue Fee, to be paid to the owner of the debt by the debtor at the end
of every nweek in which the debt is past due.  Unless specified, this
value is 0.

2. Enact a new rule titled "Bank Overdue Debts" with text as follows:

For debts owed to the Bank the debt overdue fee is always 0.05 of the
value of the debt.

\end{proposal}

[[Did I do that right?  Please tell me I did that right]]