Jörg Rathlev on 1 Mar 2001 15:01:00 -0000

spoon-business: Micropayment proposal

With all the fractions in my Joint Proposals proposal, and possible other uses for Point quantities smaller than one point (for example a voting reward), I suggest to create a new currency, which is worth less than a Point but can be exchanged for Points (i.e. Points become divisible).

I make the following proposal, entitled "Micropayment":

--

Create a new rule, entitled "Micropayment", with the following text:

"Pennies are Objects. One Penny is worth 1/100 Point, one Point is worth 100 Pennies.

Whenever an Agent owns 100 or more Pennies, 100 of eir Pennies are destroyed and one Point is created in eir posession. This process is repeated until the Agent owns less than 100 Pennies.

Whenever an Agent transfers a number of Pennies larger than the number of Pennies in eir posession, one of eir Points is destroyed and 100 Pennies are created in eir posession until e has sufficient Pennies. The transfer is impossible if the Agent does not have the required number of Points.

If an Agent is required to make a payment to another Agent that contains a fractional part, and the rule that governs the payment does not state that the amount should be rounded, e shall pay the fractional part in Pennies.

Values, scores, etc. shall be written as the the amount of Points plus the amount of Pennies/100.

[[ For example 8 points, 4 Pennies are written 8 + 4/100 = 8.04 ]]"

--

Joerg