Dan on 1 Mar 2001 07:42:49 -0000

spoon-business: Simmilarity challenge #3

There were no correct answers to simmilarity challenge #2.

A correct answer would have mentioned that they were all minor villians in
English-language epic fantasy stories.  Errour features in Canto 1 of "The
Faerie Queene" by Edmund Spenser.  Shelob is from the "Lord of the Rings"
by J.R.R Tolkien.  I took Morgause from T.H. White's version of the
Arthurian legend, "The Once and Future King".  A really good answer would
have mentioned that all three characters are female and that their
sexuality is the basis of their villany.

I recieved the following incorrect answer from sabby:

Here's my stupid response:  Shelob is different, it does not have a u in
the second to last position.

Since there was only one entry sabby's entry fee*2 points automatically
transferred to me are automatically refunded.

And here is my next challenge.  I hope people will have more time for this
one.  I admit that the previous challenge probably required too much
research.  My challenge for this week should not be so obscure.

Here is what you have all been waiting for!  Simmilarity Challenge #3.  I
challenge all contestants to find the connection between the following
three things:

1.  The Gong on the Hook and Ladder or Firemen's Parade on Main Street

2.  Central Park in the Dark

3.  The Unanswered Question

Good luck everyone!