Joel Uckelman on 22 Nov 2000 03:55:33 -0000

spoon-business: Object proposal

Here's a proposal that covers some things that people have been touching
on, but in a way I think is more extensible than what has already been
proposed. With such a definition of Object, we could simply change Points,
and whatever else as needs be, into Objects. That would prevent us from
having to specify every time what characteristics those things have. So,
here goes:

----

Create a rule entitled "Objects":

Objects are indivisible and may be possessed only in nonnegative
quantities. Agents may own Objects. No entity may be both an Object and an
Agent. Objects may not be created, destroyed, or otherwise altered,
transferred, or adulterated except as allowed by the Rules.

----

Thus, we might consider defining Points as "transferable Objects".

--
J.

--
Play Nomic!