Joel Uckelman on 1 Nov 2000 00:24:52 -0000

spoon-business: voting results

Unfortunately, we failed to meet quorum again--there are thirteen players,
and only six voted. This time, there were no procedural snafus (the ballot
went out on time and was correct, voting times are listed on the page,
etc.), so I'm wondering what happened. There were quite a few proposals on
which to vote (20, by my count), so maybe some players felt overwhelmed and
didn't vote. That's counterproductive, though, since all of the proposals
will just be held over until the next voting period. There won't be less
next time unless some of them are withdrawn. Really frustrating, it is.

On a related note, I think we need to do something about the way quorum
works. Either:

1. have some way to declare players inactive so they don't count against
quorum

or

2. jettison the idea of quorum altogether

Otherwise, we may get stuck in a situation where we are unable to change
the rules because too few people decide to vote.

--
J.

--
Play Nomic!