Dan Waldron on 10 Oct 2000 06:15:07 -0000

Re: spoon-business: RFJ 14

On Sun, 8 Oct 2000, Joel Uckelman wrote:

> 14, Poulenc: spoon-discuss@xxxxxxxxx is not a public forum.

On Sunday, the first of October, Joel sent the following to
spoon-business@xxxxxxxxx

>At 00:00:00 UTC today, the nomic served by this list began. At 00:30:00,
>the Administrator declared this list, spoon-business@xxxxxxxxx, to be a
>public forum as per R219/0. As such, public business may be conducted
>here.

I was unable to find any simmilar post to the business list that game the
discussion list public status.  Since the forum has not been decalred
public by the administrator, it is not.  For the list
spoon-discuss@xxxxxxxxx to be a public forum, Joel would have had to
designate it as such before he designated the spoon-business@xxxxxxxxx to
be public.  If this had been the case, the above post to the business list
would have no weight because the designation would have had to be posted
to spoon-discussion.

This judgement was requested and designated in spoon-business@xxxxxxxxxx
On the assumption that this is a valid RFJ, I must rule TRUE.  I do,
however, issue a judicial order to Joel Uckleman, to post to the public
forum a statement of all fora he has to this point designated as public,
even if done so privately.  This should clear up the issue once and for
all.

Poulenc