Jon Stewart on 29 Oct 2003 23:26:47 -0000

[hosers-talk] how to bring back that 2400 baud feelin'

You never drink your coffee anymore while the websites load,
and there's no delay like before in your fingertips...
whoa, baby, here's how to bring back that 2400 baud feeling:

1. Set up linux machine at home on 768down/256up DSL.
2. Turn on X11 forwarding in sshd_config.
3. Have your IT manager install stealth encryption software on your
network at work, so all traffic is slowed down by crypto that ostensibly
keeps crackers from sniffing developers' source code.
4. Install cygwin/xfree86.
5. startx and ssh into your linux box.
6. Launch mozilla remotely.

This may just be unusable. <sigh> Mebbe I can tune it, so it's more like
9600 baud. I'd sure like not having my web browsing monitored.

Jon
--
Jon Stewart                                 Advanced Los Angeles C++
stew1@xxxxxxxxxxx                           http://www.alacpp.org