Joel Uckelman on 5 Aug 2003 14:30:51 -0000

Re: [hosers-talk] what sucks

Thus spake Josh:

> "Jon Stewart" sez:

> >> Do you mean that I should set the list so that non-members can't see a lis
> >> of members? It's already like that.
> >

> >Also: "obscure" email addresses. If you browse through the archives, full
> >email addresses are available.
> >
> >I'd actually much rather see it print only full names of folks, not user
> >names, but I don't think that's an option. :-(
>
> I thought you meant close the archives to non-users. There's no reason
> to go showing people our archives.
>
> I get a surprising number of referrals from people following my sigfile
> link from the hosers archives. I'd prefer not to get them.
>

> Josh

I did some tinkering last night with all of the private lists, and
I believe that the archives are now accessible to list subscribers only.
The public/private setting in Mailman does nothing now, btw. If you want to
change the privacy status of a list, ask me.

Please try to look at the archives for this list, and let me know whether
it works for you. Your username is your subscription address, and your
password is your list password.

--
J.