Tom Plagge on 8 Feb 2002 07:40:30 -0000

Re: hosers-talk: i love fedex

> FedEx brought me my new iMac this morning, around 8:30. It's starting up.
> Seems to be working. It's bitchen cool at this point...

The lamp-shaped dealie?  I'm holding out for a G5, which is supposed to
have benchmarks up there with the (nearly) late, great Alpha and the IBM
Power4.  Sweetness.

Though I probably still won't get one, to be honest, since I'll be a
poor-assed grad student.  I got my first offer today, and it looks like
Tom is going to be living on $17,000/9 months.  This is upstate
New York we're talking about, so rent could be ugly...I might have to
take Jon up on the whole congressional web-site scam ;) yet.

-t