Joel Uckelman on Sun, 16 May 2004 00:01:27 -0500 (CDT)

[hosers-announce] we can rebuild it, we have the technology

Yes, charybdis is now better. . .stronger. . .faster.

Charybdis is now a 700MHz Duron with 320MB of RAM, instead of a 400MHz
Celeron with 192MB of RAM.

It's unlikely that this will be a noticeable change for anyone, since
charybdis rarely used all of its cpu cycles or any swap before. The DSL
line was and is still the bottleneck for everyone who isn't on my LAN.
However, this is the first step toward putting together a RAID-1, which
will happen in a few days.

--
J.