Joel Uckelman on Thu, 22 Jul 2010 15:33:13 -0700 (MST)

Re: [game-lang] a survey of previous work

Thus spake Simon McGregor:

> A few games are played on continuous boards (e.g. miniatures
> wargames). I know this it's ambitious, but I'd like to keep cases like
> this in mind and try to make the language general enough to deal with
> them if possible.

(It's getting late for me, so I'm only replying to this right now; I'll
have something to say about the rest in the morning.)

It's not clear to me that being able to represent continuous intervals is
actually necessary for minatures. My impresion is that you could play
just about any miniatures game with 1mm as your quantum of distance.

--
J.