Michael Gorman on Mon, 28 Aug 2006 06:57:27 -0700 (MST)

Re: [eia] Battle of Leopoldstadt resolution

At 08:25 AM 8/28/2006, you wrote:
>Would the MPs who choose to reinforce, but are not at war with each other,
>cancel each other  out?  I think this could sounds right on the surface, but
>I could see how it could be manipulated by a side that doesn't really wish
>to reinforce saying they do in order to prevent another MP from reinforcing
>the battle.

The way it read to me, an attempt to reinforce would not interfere at all
with someone else attempting to reinforce.  If one side succeeded and the
other failed however, the failing side might not be able to make a second
attempt to reinforce if a nation they were not at war with joined the battle.

If both succeeded they would both move to the battle but unless they were
at war with both sides present on the opposing side, the reinforcing
factors could not actually take part in the battle once they got there.

Although I don't see how that could happen at Leopoldstadt since Russia and
Prussia are at war.