J.J. Young on Tue, 25 Jul 2006 13:44:02 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [eia] [escrow] July 1806 Political Orders

>     Everything you said there is correct in theory, but there are a lot of
> practical considerations that make such a lengthy series of campaigns
> unlikely.  Still, I do not shy away from the fact that what you said above
> is a theoretical consequence of the rules.  However, if this theoretical
> consequence of the rules is unlikely to ever happen in an actual game,
then
> that does not make the rules "broken."

Perhaps "stupid" or "ridiculous" or "unrelated to historical reality" would
have been a better choice of words.  Anyway, I don't find it at all unlikely
that France might wish to march back north and attack Russia again after
whatever happens in Austria.

OK, sorry for venting.  I think Mike's suggestion that some common sense be
applied in these cases is a good one, and I will try to stick to that in the
future if I end up in a similar situation.

-JJY